DRIS 28lb Trianta Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tfast78

Contributor
Reaction score
DRIS Dive Gear 28lb Trianta Wing
[Model: dristrianta]
Our Price: $199.99

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/28lb-trianta-wing-p-3177.html

Does anyone have this wing or ever used one?

I'm looking to purchase a wing today. I was going to go with a Dive Rite Travel Wing (on my DR backplate rig) but then found this one for $80.00 less.

Am I comparing apples to apples here?

Thanks. I searched with keywords but nothing came up. I'm headed there now.

These wings, really look like Halcyon Eclipse 30#, and I really love mine. It's almost identical.
I'd say go with these, what do you have to lose? A lot of people change wings and don't like their original wing.

Case #1: Buy a expensive wing and don't like it. Cost you 50% of 400$-500$. (resell value is 50% approx)

Case #2: Buy this wing and don't like it. Cost you 50% of 200$.

What's the worst scenario. Lose 200-300$ or lose 100$.

I'd go for this one.

Given that they were made in bulk for DRIS would it be safe to say that they are infact the Halcyon wing ?

Does Halcyon fabricated their own wing from scratch?
All in the same factory?

And to eliminate any confusion
Where are you manufacturing centers?
Where do you mold the plastic?
Where do you weld the inner bladder?
Where do you sew the outer wing?
Where do you install everything on the wing?
Is that factory making 100% of your production?
Do you use any subcontractor?

I'm always a skeptic about the "All fabricated in house". Most companies use subcontractor, and it's understandable.
How can you be sure your subcontractor doesn't fabricate wings for other companies?

Does Halcyon fabricated their own wing from scratch?
All in the same factory?

And to eliminate any confusion
Where are you manufacturing centers?
Where do you mold the plastic?
Where do you weld the inner bladder?
Where do you sew the outer wing?
Where do you install everything on the wing?
Is that factory making 100% of your production?
Do you use any subcontractor?

I'm always a skeptic about the "All fabricated in house". Most companies use subcontractor, and it's understandable.
How can you be sure your subcontractor doesn't fabricate wings for other companies?

I tend to get this every so often. We do not sub out our wings to China, the Czech Republic, or any other country that popular rumors claim. Yes, we make our wings right here in High Springs, Florida. We RF weld our bladders (and lift bags, DAMs, etc.) here. We sew the outer bags here. We assemble the wing here. If you are ever in town, please stop by and I'll be happy to show you.

I tend to get this every so often. We do not sub out our wings to China, the Czech Republic, or any other country that popular rumors claim. Yes, we make our wings right here in High Springs, Florida. We RF weld our bladders (and lift bags, DAMs, etc.) here. We sew the outer bags here. We assemble the wing here. If you are ever in town, please stop by and I'll be happy to show you.

I have to agree with Corey here, if you ever have a chance to take a tour of the Halcyon plant, DO IT! Their commitment to quality is evident as soon as you step inside the door. I still wish that they gave out some gear as a freebe for taking a tour :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal Dive Right In Scuba customer as well as owning quite a few pieces of Halcyon equipment

Good! I'm not trying to critize. I'm just plain tired of people telling me "IT'S MADE IN AMERICAN" & then notice they fabricate all the piece elsewhere, assemble them in the USA (*cough american car industry) and then tell you it's 100% made in America.

Skepticism is good. And I'm more than happy about your answer. (...continues collecting pretty blue H gear :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom