Canon 7d with non ikelite strobes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaller

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I am planning on buying an ikelite housing for my 7d in the near future and want to get a few ports along with that. The problem is that I am on a bit of a budget and can't put the money out for the more powerful ikelite strobes. The ds-51s seem to be a little inadequate for wide angle. I already have a ys-01 from a compact rig i purchased last year and ideally I would just like to buy another one to match.

I was wondering how I could make this work. Is it still possible to get ds-ttl while using those strobes and an ikelite housing? What problems would I come across If i were to use this combo? I do have a 3rd option of buying ds-125s but that would be my last option.

shaller,

The YS-01 will be limited to manual flash only. The Sea and Sea strobes do not provide battery power to the bulkhead, so there is no way to power the TTL conversion circuit in the housing. Additionally, the Canon 7D will not trigger any manual strobe when the camera is in live view mode. A TTL flash must be used
(providing data communication with the camera) when the 7D is in live view mode.

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom