Sea & Sea YS 15 Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

epointer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I have a new, never wet Sea and Sea YS 15 Auto strobe. It is a nice compact strobe, and comes with diffuser, batteries, fixing bolt, and box. I need to clear out some gear that I am not going to use. This strobe would go great with a compact camera. $130 shipped in the US. If you think my price is off send me some offers. I will ship outside of the US if you are willing to cover the difference in shipping.

P4120104.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some specs for the strobe:

The Sea & Sea YS 15 Auto Strobe is an ultra-compact auto-slave strobe designed specifically for digital cameras. The Sea & Sea YS 15 Auto Strobe synchronizes with or without an optional fiber-optic cable to your digital camera's built-in flash.

Specifications:
  • Guide number: 12 (ISO 100 / m) (land, at full power)
  • Coverage angle: 70° X 55°
  • Battery life: 200 flashes (alkaline battery at full power), 250 flashes (2400 mAh Ni-MH
    battery at full power), 500 flashes (Oxyride battery at full power)
  • Color temperature: 5,600K (5,300K with diffuser)
  • Battery requirement: 2 X AA alkaline (6 V), Oxyride (6 V) or Ni-MH (4.8 V) batteries
  • Depth rating: 60 m / 200 ft
  • Dimensions (W X H X D): 2.6 X 3.6 X 4.4 inch
  • Weight: Approx. 9.9 oz (-0.3 oz underwater)
  • Controls: OFF, Slave Auto (pre-flash cancellation), Slave Auto (syncs the first flash)
  • Compatible fiber-optic cable: Fiber-optic cable for YS-25
  • Auto function operating range: 5 ~ 14 ft (on land)
  • Aperture value setting for auto exposure photography: fixed 2.8 f
  • Equipped with pre-flash mode
  • Over-pressure relief valve
  • Double O-ring (battery case)

Price is negotiable, so if interested send me a offer.

Last edited:
What output settings are there?

Hello, there are no output settings. The strobe auto adjusts itself to the light needed for the shot. You simply set the cameras aperture to f 2.8 for the correct exposure. The only settings on the strobe are for the cameras pre flash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom