Is www.maldivesdivetravel.com safe and reliable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I allegedly stumbled across this alleged article on undercurrent.org that allegedly appears to be related to one of the alleged owners of the allegedly asked about company.

Dive Operator Sues ScubaBoard and John Does: Undercurrent 04/2010

I hold no opinions of the persons or entities discussed in this article, and I am neither affiliated with undercurrent.org nor scubaboard.com. If this response should not be here I will feel no remorse in it's deletion.

Ok, I am a little lost by the responses. Not sure why the censor blocked the website name, but this website is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . com
I have found some comments about one of the boats they have the MV Orion. What do you think about it? We want to book a scuba diving vacation in Maldives for early October. I have found some people saying they prefer a resort others a liveaboard. For those of you who have been in Maldives, what has been your experience: resort or liveaboard? Also, have you ever traveled with this company and the MV Orion?

thanks much

Mod Note: >>Name of business entity removed by NetDoc<<

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only been a year that I'm on ScubaBoard.com - already the list of banned subjects and/or websites has grown!
Banned for various reasons - too long to list the "why's"

www.***.com
www.*****.ky
www.*******.tv
www.*******.co.uk
www.**********.org

Plus the regular non-PG subjects, like talking about ***** in respect to **** especially when done with multiple *****.

IOW - this site is owned & operated by US citizens as a private business. They establish the rules and enforce them. If we don't like it, we can always try other scuba related websites - but this one is the most fun & informative that I've found, personally.

So, after teasing you a bit, here's the scoop!

Look at this page I found for you. TripAdvisor scoop on the various boats.
Diving in the Maldives - Liveaboards - Maldives Forum - TripAdvisor

You do not have to use an agency to book you trip. You can use Expedia.com to buy airfare, and book directly the various boat operators. Why risk your money with an agent?

I book everything separately, on my own, and give myself ample time to get from Point A to Point B.

FWIW, this is *beaten to death* subject here. Some are pro-agent, some are not. I'm not.

Ok, I am a little lost by the responses. Not sure why the censor blocked the website name, but this website is
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.com
I have found some comments about one of the boats they have the MV Orion. What do you think about it? We want to book a scuba diving vacation in Maldives for early October. I have found some people saying they prefer a resort others a liveaboard. For those of you who have been in Maldives, what has been your experience: resort or liveaboard? Also, have you ever traveled with this company and the MV Orion?

thanks much

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom