Oceanic VEO 180NX NAVCON HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOLPHIN987

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just purchased a VEO 180 NAVCON which has the compass on the reverse side of the computer. I was able to get the computer / compass separated from the pressure gauge by loosening the allen screw. I am trying to swap out the battery and there are no directions anywhere that I can find to tell me how to separate the computer from the compass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• IMAG0631.jpg
    IMAG0631.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0632.jpg
    IMAG0632.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 181
The computer is in a boot and the manual tells how to get it out. When my sons needs a battery, My LDS will install it for an extra $5.

Money well spent.

Actually the directions for removing the instruments form the boot are in the "analog instruments" instructions. Though even those don't look super helpful

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/12-2124-r05.pdf

The compass and computer are in a pretty stiff rubber boot. When I had that console I found that a butter knife wedged between the compass and boot did a decent job of gently prying it out. The bottom of the compass module has a raised shoulder around its circumference that sits in a groove in the boot.

the shoulder (or is it a lip?) can sort of be seen in this pic (from leisurepro)

OCNSWCM.jpg

Once the compass if out you can probably push the comp. out from the inside. It's the same idea but opposite. the boot has a ridge and that sits in a groove around the circumference of the computer.

Obviously attempt at your own risk. If my dive shop charged 5 bucks for a battery change I'd take it there without giving it another thought.

If I could find a local dive shop to install it for $5.00, I would do that as well.

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

Thanks CT, That was very helpful. I purchased this new in box from individual. It had owner manual, etc. but not the "Analog Instrument" instructions that you included. Thanks again, Jim

You can get the computer out without taking the compass out. Use a blunt instrument. (The butter knife sounds great!). Insert it around the edges of the compass and pry carefully, bit by bit. It will not come out quickly and easily. Not really difficult. Be careful to not damage any external metal parts (e.g., water sensors) on the outside of the computer.

Back
Top Bottom