Cressi Leonardo, anyone have experience with this computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

turt1e

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have experiance or own a Cressi Leonardo? I need to finally get a set of computer for the wife and me and we like the look of this one. I'm also trying to put together a very light travel setup and would like a single SPG instead of a console with depth, temp and compass. So ideally it would be nice if the wrist mount computer I get would have those.

I don't think the Leonardo has a compass though, is this correct? Does it show water temp? Any other cons on the Leonardo I should know about?

Also was looking at the Dive-Rite Nitek Trio, but that raises the price a bit.

Thanks,

Paul

.....I don't think the Leonardo has a compass though, is this correct? .....
Correct.

..... Does it show water temp? ....
Yes it does.

You can see the Leonardo in action with our simulators.

[video=youtube;1ocTbbtuOGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ocTbbtuOGA[/video]

Alberto (aka eDiver)

One of the deciding factors for me is PC connection. Do you want to upload you dives on your PC to keep and accurate dive log.
If yes, shop around with that intention.

Some manufacturers sell out their computer pretty cheap & then they rob you with a 150$ cable... which cost 2.50$ to fabricate.

I bought the Subgear XP10 (copy of the Uwatec Prime) because it had an iRDA (infra-red) interface.
I bought my iR usb key for 10$ or so here in Canada, and it works perfectly with my Windows7 PC.

The Leonardo PC interface is like 150$
Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer PC Interface KS771000 with reviews at scuba.com

It means that in the long run you'll have spent 250$ (Cressi Leonardo) + 150$ (PC kit) = 400$
I bought the Subgear at 210$ + 10$ = 220$

Seraphimx where did you see the Leonardo for $250? Lowest price I've seen is $350.

Also, does your XP10 have a gauge mode where it will show you depth, temp, bottom time? What about a backlight?

Alberto, I'm running Linux so I'm not so sure you simulator will work for me. I do run android though, but couldn't find idive on the google market. Your research page was very useful though.

Thanks,

Paul

.... I do run android though, but couldn't find idive on the google market. ...l
We are planning to release iDive Computer for Android (on Google Play) this Friday :wink:

..... Your research page was very useful though...l
Thank You. Tell your friends about it

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Sorry got it from here Cressi Leonardo. Instruments - computers Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive but thats in europe.

The XP10 sadly has no Gauge mode, even if they say it does. (only the SPG-like one has gauge mode)
Yes it does have Backlighting.
In dive mod it doesn't show a lot of info, so I did not return it. It shows depth, max depth, time, temp and no deco time.
The saturation is only a bar on the side. You can also turn off most of the alarm.
It does not begin the safety stop countdown until you press a button and it shows safety stop time with seconds.
So I basically never touch it.

The Uwatec Tec 2G console is on special on Leisurepro.
The TEC 2G can go in gauge mode.
I'd take that apart and put on the computer & compass on some Bungee mounts.

If you have a nice budget. I'd get the Liquid Vision Xen 500$-600$ range

@Seraphimx - Which IR reader did you get for your XP ? I still need to pick one up.

I couldn't find the exact same one on ebay. I'm also not at home. I'll have to check.

But IrDA are basically all the same, meaning they usually all use the same chipset.
Older IrDA use a chipset that is not plug-n-play with Windows 7
Newer IrDA nowadays should be compatible with Windows 7.

I'll post back the model number of the IrDA once I get home.

I used mine on 8 dives in the Keys last month and really liked it, it is the only computer I have ever used so nothing to compare it to.

The backlight seems dim when I look at it at the house, but I don't recall ever using it in the water because it was really bright at 20-30 feet even on overcast days. Had zero problems with glare under water.

I did use Divenav simulation program to get more familiar with the in water functions. One thing that confused me in the keys was when I surfaced and the "no fly" warning came on and what I thought was the Surface Interval timer was actually the timer until flight allowed because the nature of the shallow dives didn't really have a surface interval. I did go to 90 feet on one dive but did a 40 ft deco stop due to the dive guide and a 15 ft stop as recommended by the Leonardo.

Overall I am very pleased with it, the only issue I really had was the retainer on the band kept sliding all the way back around my wrist but other than that no problems.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom