Sub Bug Dipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grinch999

New
Reaction score
I have just been given a DPV the only markings on it are Sub Bug and Dipper
It has to have a 12litre tank inside with a regulator to operate the up and down trim fins
2 electric motors to drive two props and a depth and contants gauge
You can also use the reg to breath while you dive

Anyone have any info really need so circuit drawings for the air system so I can fix it

Regards
David

seabug.jpg

Looks very interesting... Do you have more pictures of this from different angles?

Dennis

His name was Martin Pemberton and he was an inventor and designer. Amongst the things he had invented or designed, he told me, were various crucial bits of tube trains, a wonderful new form of thinking toaster and also a Sub Bug.

What, I asked politely, was a Sub Bug?

A Sub Bug, he explained, was a jet-propelled underwater buggy sort of thing. A bit like the front half of a dolphin. You hold on to the rear and it pulls you through the sea at depths of up to thirty feet. Remember that bit in the movie of Thunderball? A bit like those things. Great for exploring coral reefs.
More about riding one here:
DNA/Riding the Rays

Maybe you could contact the designer - it seems to be this Martin Pemberton: http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/902783078

Back
Top Bottom