Miflex HP Hose Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they going to replace them with?

Ahhh. Sounds good. I am sure it will take MONTHS before I see new hoses. I send them back my old hose, from here two weeks, they ship a new one in two to three weeks. Then it takes two weeks to get here. So, best case scenario, 6 weeks. Nice.

Yeah, I think I am going to have to work something out with the LDS here. This will go over like a fart in church.

I appreciate you posting the info and links.

We've tried to have X-S send a bunch of replacements to the shop so that we could swap customers' hoses and send the recalled ones back. No dice. They want the consumer to return them directly and pay for the shipping to them.

The new HP hoses will be gray in colour so that you can tell the difference.

I recently saw a HP hose (NOT Miflex brand,but similar) go bang and launch an spg a couple of feet.

Personally I wouldn't touch any of these HP hoses with a long pole.

Wonderful. This is going to be a nightmare here in GTMO. All the LDS carries is MiFlex. So folks are going to have to go without a HP hose for over a month. Way to go XS SCUBA!!!!!! #SMDH.

Good thing I have some good old fashioned rubber ones I can use for now.

this should also go in the "Recall" section too...

Thanks for all your efforts in this. Its been an unsettling road. Mine has been sitting in a drawer for months now, so however long it may take to replace it is inconsequential..... I'm glad that they stepped to the plate on this one. Sure, an in-store exchange or a pre-printed shipping mailer would have been nice, but it is a "voluntary" recall. It beats them doing nothing.

this should also go in the "Recall" section too...

Thanks for all your efforts in this. Its been an unsettling road. Mine has been sitting in a drawer for months now, so however long it may take to replace it is inconsequential..... I'm glad that they stepped to the plate on this one. Sure, an in-store exchange or a pre-printed shipping mailer would have been nice, but it is a "voluntary" recall. It beats them doing nothing.

Yeah, it might work just fine for you, and I do appreciate them doing it. However, some cases need to be looked at and changed. Some of the folks down here ONLY have a MiFlex HP hose. The LDS only carries MiFlex. So these guys can either continue to dive with it, order a new hose of a different type from the states, or go without for over a month. That sucks.

Yeah, it might work just fine for you, and I do appreciate them doing it. However, some cases need to be looked at and changed. Some of the folks down here ONLY have a MiFlex HP hose. The LDS only carries MiFlex. So these guys can either continue to dive with it, order a new hose of a different type from the states, or go without for over a month. That sucks.

XS Scuba is a VERY customer driven manufacturer. Call them, and see what they can do. I wouldn't blame them for your LDS only carring Miflex though :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom