PNG in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversusan

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are looking to book a trip to Papua New Guinea in August (of this year - 4 months from now). We have been vacation diving for 12 years. We prefer pretty reefs with lots of colorful fish and to see some cool pelagics. Looking for good visibility and sunny topside weather. A little muck diving is OK, but it's not our favorite thing. I am not a super strong swimmer and don't like to fight currents.

The dates for the Star Dancer work best for us, but my web research is suggesting that August is not the best time to dive Milne Bay. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The Febrina dates don't work as well for us, but would Kimbe Bay diving definitely be better in August?

Can anyone compare the two boats (Star Dancer and Febrina) as well?

Many thanks!

You should join us! We will be on the Star Dancer, Aug 28. We are pretty much on the same page as you...pretty fish, not looking for strong currents or deep dive just to do it. Just looking to get away, get some sun and relax.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

Oh and I am bringing Nutter Butters!

LOL - squidgy, I must not have notifications properly set, and I just saw your reply. :) Sorry to say, we decided to wait on PNG and to go there in the winter. Instead we are heading to the Galapagos at the end of this month, another place high on our diving wishlist!

LOL - squidgy, I must not have notifications properly set, and I just saw your reply. :) Sorry to say, we decided to wait on PNG and to go there in the winter. Instead we are heading to the Galapagos at the end of this month, another place high on our diving wishlist!

DiverSusan....have you set a date for PNG this winter? May I throw the idea out there to join my group in February? Feb26-Mar8, 2013 on the Star Dancer? By the way, I'm so jealous that you're doing Galapagos FOLLOWED 8 months (or less) later with Milne Bay!?!?!?!?!?!
;-)

Let me know, PM me. I'll send this message in a PM so that there's a high likelihood that you'll get it in a email notification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom