Elite T3 - repairable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frito Bandito

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Elite T3 that I purchased in February of 2009. It has suffered a drop and now 2 of the display areas don't function - the one's digit on air pressure and the #3 bar on nitrogen exposure.

I'm not sure I trust it anymore without repair, even though the missing elements aren't that crucial.

Is it worth repairing the unit? Does Aeris even repair them?

---------- Post added April 21st, 2012 at 02:18 PM ----------

Also, the dealer I bought it from has gone out of business.

Aeris does do repair. Go to there website and contact there customer service.

I just received my T3 back from Aeris. The battery compartment wouldn't seal. I flooded it twice. Good thing the T3 has a sealed battery compartment, so just ruined a couple of batteries. Also the backlight hasn't worked for a while. It now looks like a brand new computer, they even replaced the strap and protector. It works perfect now. It cost me 160.00 + 10.00 shipping. Makes for a pretty cheap computer. I think if your computer is non AI the cost is only 110.00. Great customer service. If Suunto had this program I would still be diving my Vytec. Plus they even sent me an Aeris hat.

Their out of warranty repair is a flat rate and a pretty good deal. Sometimes they send a brand new computer in place of your old one. Great customer service in my experience. I wouldn't toss your old computer. Send it in.

I just received my T3 back from Aeris. The battery compartment wouldn't seal. I flooded it twice. Good thing the T3 has a sealed battery compartment, so just ruined a couple of batteries. Also the backlight hasn't worked for a while. It now looks like a brand new computer, they even replaced the strap and protector. It works perfect now. It cost me 160.00 + 10.00 shipping. Makes for a pretty cheap computer. I think if your computer is non AI the cost is only 110.00. Great customer service. If Suunto had this program I would still be diving my Vytec. Plus they even sent me an Aeris hat.

It is a brand new computer, different serial #. I must say I am impressed with Aeris customer service. I wish I would have known about this service before I went and purchased a new Atomic Cobalt. But, I do have a nice backup computer now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom