SM divers in the Southern Maine are

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any SMdivers in the Southern Maine area. I am in the Portland Metro area and my wife and I are interested in finding out more about SM. Please send me a pm maybe we can get together and chat or dive.

Thanks

I trained TDI sidemount and solo last year. I do most of my diving SM now. On our rocky coast, it's great to bring the tanks to the water for donning rather than carrying all that weight over slippery rocks. It's made me much less dependent on tides when choosing a dive time. Once in the water, trim and buoyancy are great. And, I much prefer being fully redundant myself in low vis than being fully dependent on a buddy.

I live in Gray and try to dive at least once a week locally. I hope to dive Friday after work. Weather looks good and the tide will be high.

Hello,

My wife and I live in Westbrook, and we dive as often as we can with our busy scueduals with the kids. What type of rig are you diving SM, I looked at the holis sms 100 and I have looked at some dive rite bpw set ups. I think I have seen a post or two from you on Mainiac divers site. Are there any sidemount instructors locally? We are not ready to do a full Tech course but look to in the future, but would like to learn sidemount I think.

Thanks

Harvey

Back
Top Bottom