Mares ICON Leak from shoulder dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryce1993

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy everyone!

Just bought a Mares ICON MRS Plus BC off eBay.. (Never do that again.)

Firstly, took it to one dive shop to get it checked and they told me it had a massive leak in the bladder, and I could hear it when they used the inflator hose. Another dive shop said the same thing.. Today I took it to yet another dive shop who said that noise is just an overflow feature so that you don't over-inflate the BC. Makes sense.
Finally, someone put it in the water in front of me and we could see that the right shoulder dump has a leak. He said it was most probably a loss of tension in the spring or just a part that needs replacing.
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience or advice to offer, if anyone knows of a possible recall of this model and also if it is possible to obtain a replacement part for the right shoulder dump.
Here is a video of the leak.
Mares ICON MRS plus with shoulder dump leak - YouTube

Parts are easy to come by, they're generally standard. A new spring and gasket can often remedy that problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom