Conditions and Dive Site info for SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool website. It will only get better as more divers add up to date info. Maybe you could add some current dive & training events in each county as well?

Good Divin
SoCalRich

looks nice. A cool feature that I think would help get you more visitors is if there was an easy way to submit a simple dive report for the day from a mobile device. That way, when I'm done with my dive I can quickly hop on and say "at 7:30 am vis was 10-12ft, temp is 55 degrees at depth, surge was medium, comments: saw cool stuff, you should dive if you were planning on it" etc. so others can know if the conditions make it worth heading out or not. At the end of the day, archive all of them and clear it out for the next day.

As an example, I often check out Laguna Sea Sports | Beach Cities Scuba Centers – Your premier Orange County Scuba Diving experience before heading to Shaw's Cove to dive.

I like the way that you use the maps to show exact locatins and then descibe circumstances of the dive. you are to be complimented on the site. I am bookmarking it for my trips to San Diego. Any chance of extending it to Santa Barbara? Thanks a lot for putting this together. For someone not familiar with an area, the interactive map will be great, not for just showing entry points, but things like restaurants, parking, even nearby dive shops. Very cool, indeed. This should be a great service to socal divers. thank you.

what are the location of surf cams in relation to dive spots in socal and could you link to them if available? Up here in Alaska, the FAA maintains webcams in mountain passes and at remote airports so pilots can check out the weather conditions in real time. These have become of great interest to all outdoors people who use them for any number of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom