NetDoc's Work Bench...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just moved into this house at the end of January so I thought I would show off my workbench in progress.

WorkBench01.jpg

You can see my 55# anvil on the left, the gauges and reg bench in the center, the gun vise on the right with the ultra sonic cleaner just behind it. To the right of that is a drill press and stationary belt sander and my 6HP compressor (yet to be wired up). The total length is 24' long and 2' wide.

WorkBench02.jpg

My DIY reg bench. I test and tear down regs right in the same place. I made it out of 3/8" thick brass and the valve is actually "nutted" into place so I could keep the alignment right. I drilled and tapped the bottom of the valve for 1/4" TPT and the hose I am using was actually left behind here at the house. That was cool! :D The front two holes are drilled and tapped to match the HP and LP ports on a reg so I can use a jig to tear apart regs.

WorkBench03.jpg

Since this picture was taken I have added a large IP gauge. I haven't plumbed it in yet, but that's simple to do.

Last edited:
It sounds beautimus. But you didn't attach a photo. Wish I could see it.

It's beautiful Netdoc.

[video=youtube;nsaxNehMibg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaxNehMibg[/video]

I wanna see it! Wahhhhhh! :(

There there, don't cry. I can't see it either. I was just imagining it.:D

There there, don't cry. I can't see it either. I was just imagining it.:D

In my mind, it's the finest workbench ever. Except for mine. Mine has a Detroit Diesel injector tester. No anvil, though.....

Mine may not be quite as spiffy but it will have at least 2 cressent wrenches.:D

Mine may not be quite as spiffy but it will have at least 2 cressent wrenches.:D

You need a pair of channel locks, too. That way if you don't mess up the flats with a crescent wrench, you can mangle the brass with the channel lock.

You need a pair of channel locks, too. That way if you don't mess up the flats with a crescent wrench, you can mangle the brass with the channel lock.

Vice grips!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom