Psychotic Versa Pro 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
It's over 7 years old, can't really complain. I made the mistake of turning it on for a dive at Vortex on friday. After booting up it lit up, beeped at me & told me that I was in deco mode, the depth kept ranging from 1 - 10 feet, LOL

Vortex being a safety stop, I didn't worry about it & had my wifes reg set with me, which has the same console, so I just swapped out & used hers on saturday.

My guess is the pressure sensor has failed. I do have a good LDS here I can deal with, but I'm wondering if this can be serviced cost effectively or if I'm better off planning a replacement?

I have a bunch of dives in it that I never got around to logging. I'm going to try turning it back on later & see if it will let me get to the logs or not.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

Well, my LDS has sent a bunch back in for this repair, says it's a flat $502.

Can't see me spending that to fix a computer that's 7 1/2 years old, when I paid $350 for the entire console new. I'll just be looking for something I can afford, either a used one or possibly a different computer entirely. get a wrist mount & keep the rest of the console.

Hi Doug. Can I deal with you directly or do I need to go through a shop?

if I can fix or exchange for something reasonable I would, otherwise it's back to looking for a deal. I know of one Oceanic on sale right now that I think is a great deal, pondering that one.

I have 2 more of these, for my wife & daughter, it's been nice sice we all know how to use it. No confusion during a dive.

thanks Doug.

Just to be clear, I'm not upset about the failure. It's been a good computer, put a lot of dives on it. It's lasted long enough that I can't say I didn't get my value out of it.

booted up my dive comp. now it flashes ALT 3 times & shuts down. I'm bad about not logging dives, check my books & the last ones logged were in nov 2008
shocked.gif

I took the battery out, will see if that changes anything. I'd just like to get at the logs & get the data out if I can. If not, oh well, that's on me. I shoulda been better about my logs

My old Versa Pro was doing something similar. Turns out the battery was just about ready to go. Replaced the battery and it worked fine.

I'm going to pick up a new battery when we go out later.

---------- Post added May 13th, 2012 at 06:07 PM ----------

unfortunately, a new battery effected no change. It's a dead puppy.

The 3 flashes of ALT upon power up, and then it auto-shutting off is a death sign of out of tolerance condition of it's self calibration on power up.

Pressure sensor is out of tolerance of it's spec's so computer auto shuts down.

So while a new battery is worth the $5 try, I had a Versa Pro do the same and Oceanic Tech Service at the factory says no more parts are available and they can't service them anymore.

Hence why I just sprung the money for a new Oceanic VT 4.0

And have two other Versa Pros as functional backups.

Back
Top Bottom