Thankfulness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear

NOK
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As I sit here at work, feeling like a stupid loser, stressed about stuff I should have got over a long time ago, I realize in the scheme of things, there's more to be thankful forthan bum about:

I have a job that supports the stuff that helps me cope with the stuff that bums me out. I usually get to dive a couple days a week. I was getting out of the water after a 60 minute dive yesterday and came REALLY close to turning right back around and resubmerging. That would have been stupid, but I just didn't want to be back in the "real" world yet. It's hard to put into words that make sense, but even when I'm frustrated with my skills (or lack thereof), diving is such a complete escape for me that even stuff I SHOULD be worried about goes away for the time I'm under water. I also get to take a horse out into the woods pretty much any time I want to, but for some reason, the escape is not as complete as when diving. I'm thankful I finally took the plunge.

I'm reasonably healthy, have a place to live and a vehicle to get me around.

I am part of a large extended firefighter "family" that has come through for me in a time of need and would do so again without hesitation (a couple years ago I broke my leg 2 months after using up all my leave for a shoulder rebuild - there was almost 2 years of leave donated for me!!)

At a time when I'm cynical about human nature and almost daily get to see the results of the horrible things people do to each other and themselves, I find that:

I have friends on this board who don't know me at all who care when I get hurt.

A guy from this board who I've only met once has generously offered me a place to crash while I'm in his neck of the world next month. Another friend has offered the use of her car (again) while I'm there. Someone I've never even met has offered the use of a set of doubles for training! Wow!

OK. I'm done. And I'll quit being a whiner and feeling sorry for myself :rolleyes:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all....

Happy Thanksgiving Snowbear ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom