How often do you talk about diving to non-divers? Forums excluded.

How often do you talk about diving to non-divers? Forums excluded.

• I talk about diving all day long.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I talk about diving once a day.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I talk about diving one to five times a week.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I talk about diving one to ten times a month.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I talk about diving ten to thirty times a year.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I never talk about diving with non-divers

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife, not a diver, says I have a water logged scuba head because I talk about diving all the time. I have a scuba screensaver and wallpaper; I have scuba stickers all over the place, my car, computer cover, tool kit and much more. This leads to people asking questions and then I’m talking scuba again. So do I have a water logged scuba head?

To find out I posed this poll.

Too often, perhaps. My wife is a non-diver also, but has been considering trying. My daughter has been my dive buddy - but not for long as she is off to college in the fall. I've only been diving a short time but have been very active, and I read a LOT so i do wind up talking about it to (thus far, patient) friends and co-workers.

The answer for me is 'too many times'. When I first started, it would occur in numerous conversations with non-divers. I was just so excited, and people positively reinforced this behavior by expressing how cool/hardcore it must be to dive. Then I realized I may have been talking about diving too much that it might seem obsessive. Thus, I cut down on it significantly.

Now, I only discuss it with non-divers if they bring it up. I will probably not even mention that I do scuba dive. But still, people think it's extremely cool and bring it up a few times a week (1-5 times was my choice). I also post photos every so often, and people compliment them.

Most of my dive talk is done with divers now.

i talk the talk all day long!
promote the sport by inspiring the adventurer in folks!!
when ever possible when traveling,i always wear something with a dive flag,or concerning diving
always get asked about it,how cool is it? or where to go?
just don't be a pest!!!!
lobstermen in mass. don't really care for divers!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

Whenever the subject comes up. Coworkers will see my flipping through a magazine or reading some book and ask about it. That's all the opening I need to start. I've also found several who are divers that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. My soon to be wife is a diver and she gets tired of me talking about it.

Whenever it comes up. If people ask me what Im gonna do with my vacation, they can blame themselves! :p

Only when they ask. But that wasn't a poll choice.

I voted 1 to 5 times a week. Mostly to my wife, a non-diver. Being out in the stix I'm not usually around many people. Talk a lot at the dive shop in the city but those are divers/student divers. Quite a few people on the NS Eastern Shore are divers, some of them even certified! In the band I play in each summer in NY the guy next to me dives a bit in the tropics--the rest of those crazy musicians would have no interest....

Back
Top Bottom