Found on Tortola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agilis

Cat Lives Matter
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ball point pen, clear plastic, with corporate logo. Claimant must identify the logo, and correctly describe the approximate ink level.

Thanks! I may list it on ebay.

Reactions: Jax
Mike, you may have a point. (no pun intended). Since the pen is now mine, I can reveal that the company logo was Target, and it would not surprise me to learn that there probably several thousand of these made. OTOH, I can't imagine not checking the ink level if you have a clear pen that permits this useful function. I think of it as a gauge analogous to an spg, something to be checked frequently to determine the rate of use and the expected duration of the effective supply. If someone loses their pen and is so irresponsible as to be unable to describe the ink level, they don't deserve to have this marvelous technological innovation of the post-WW2 era.

In that connection, some forged documents are easily detected. I've seen all sorts of fake letters and documents, some supposedly dating from the 19th century, written or signed with a ball point pen. These historical inconsistencies develop as time passes. Eventually there will be films and books (ebooks) set in the 1970s and 1980s depicting people using cell phones.

"Grandma, why is your phone attached to the wall with a string?"

So THAT'S where I left my Target pen!

---------- Post added May 4th, 2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

pen.jpg

slow day on Tortola? current SI must be dreadful.....

actually, if I was on Tortola, having a slow day like this.... well.... that would be the plan. :thumb:

(it would also include toes in the sand and a beer in the hand).

---------- Post added May 4th, 2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

So THAT'S where I left my Target pen!

wait a second now.... :no:

EXACTLY how much ink did your Target pen have in it? :letsparty:

If it's down to a third, it's probably my discarded pen. See, I use a third on my way to where I'm going, a third to get back, and a third is left over. Some people call it the rule of thirds or something. I just toss them on the ground or in the water then when I'm done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom