Weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntmainstrm

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Which dumpable weight pockets do you use? I recently purchased a set of new Dive Rite 16lb pockets and had the lead holder insert fall out and dangle from the clip. I posted on Dive Rite's site and got no response from them but received a great reply about modifications. I'm not opposed to modding gear but I'm trying to used it as designed. I think! No DR stuff to look at in CO so buying unseen. These pockets seem really complex with lots material. Does someone make a simpler design? Would like not to resort to a weight belt.

Have you tried contacting them directly instead of from here. I have found them excellent to deal with. This site may not be a priority....

Halcyon's Weight pockets have the clip strap going over the pocket insert. The clip is attached to the insert holder and feeds through the large handle of the pocket insert. Pulling the handle undoes the clip.
I think it's a better design in that you can't get into the situation you're in now.
They hold 10lbs each and go for about $135 MSRP

OxyCheq and Zeagle also have a weight pocket with velcro flaps and a pull tab; so no inserts to worry about replacing. I'm not sure how hard you have to pull to break the velcro though.
They run about $50 per pair and hold 10lbs each.

If you wanted to buy a pair of Halcyon pockets I have a pair that I'm willing to sell. They're brand new and never used. I got them w/ my Halcyon setup this year but never intended to use them.

Try trouble shooting your weight pockets first though. It's a pretty long insert, I can't imagine it falling out on it's own. Are you loading it with less than 16lbs or a lot more?

I use the single weight pockets from XS Scuba. There's nothing to pull or tug, you can just peel back the Velcro secured flap and pop the weight out from the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom