Komodo Mona Lisa LB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrrworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any experience with the Mona Lisa? I have a few free days in Indonesia so thinking of a quick trip to Komodo. Mona Lisa caught my eye since it looks like you can join the boat whenever you want and stay for as short or as long as you want. But does it get to good sites or does it stay close to the port so its speedboat can get there with no arrivals?

Thanks

Michael

No, they visit the good places in North and Central Komodo. Not south Komodo and Souuth Rinca. If you have only 2 or 3 days it might be possible that you miss some sites (like Castle rock or Batu Belong). It depends where the boat is when you arrive. That said, this system is flexible and you will see the highlights. The disadvantage is that you don't have the atmosphere of a classic liveaboard because there are people who come and go each day.

Mona Lisa has a sister ship Mangguana that operates on the same "come and go when you want" schedule. When we were aboard, in October a couple years ago, we went as far south as Horseshoe Bay / Cannibal Rock, as well as the good northern sites. Their website is Komodo Cruises - Komodo Liveaboard Dive Cruises.

Sorry, didn't keep their reply email but an internet search should locate them.

Umm ... I posted a link to their website in post #5. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom