Bali - May '12 - any fellow Scubaboarders in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazy_about_scuba

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I'm travelling to Bali alone next week. Will spend most of May in Bali fun diving every few days.

Are there any fellow Scubaboarders going to Bali in May? Would be great to buddy-up :)

Any recommendations for where to stay, which dive shop to dive with, and which dive sites are best?
Any shops/dive sites I should avoid?

Thx in advance!

Hey. I will be in Bali but not diving, just a 4 day mini-break!

Go to Tulamben and stay with Tulamben Wreck Divers - we had an awesome time with them.

World Diving on Nusa Lembongan have a good repuation and staying at Pondok Baruna is cheap, cheerful and the restaurant was great!

Blue Season Bali are good operator who could organise you diving all over!

Good Dive Sites - Liberty Wreck, Drop-Off, Seraya Secrets, Crystal Bay, Manta Point just to name a few!

have a great holiday!

Yeah, I'm in Bali all the time!

As already mentioned, Tulamben is a great location but only if you want to dive ebery day. As you mentioned, you prefer to dive just a couple of times. I would recommend Candidasa in this case. Tulamben and the Liberty wreck (indeed excellent dives around Tulamben!!) plus other dive sites are not too far away by car/transfer and you will be one of the first to arrive for the day but will be much more centrally located during the days that you're not planning to dive. Try Bali Bubbles in Candidasa, the owner, Jos, is a very friendly and helpful person.

I would opt for Candidasa over Kuta and Sanur because the distance to Tulamben, sitting in a car in Bali traffic for over two hours each way is just no fun!

I may be in bali during May but no for diving, just passing through. Enjoy!

I'm currently in Tulamben and REALLY enjoying the diving :)

Unfortunately the internet here is slow - here's a clip from one of my videos showing Humphead Parrotfish off the wreck off USAT Liberty, Tulamben. Wish I could upload the whole video - it was an AWESOME dive :)

Humphead Parrotfish, Scuba Diving at USAT Liberty, Tulamben, Bali (16m) 07/05/12 - GoPro HD Hero2 - YouTube

@limbo you were right... There's only diving here, not much else to do! I'm going to stay here another few days - there are lots of good dive sites, where would you recommend I head next?

Opposite Candidasa are a couple od small islands (
(Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong), possibly strong currents but sharks. If you're up for that challenge, try there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom