Atomic brass jam nut price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am helping a friend converting his B2 to long hose. I realized the jam nut needed for this conversion is $20. It is a freaking brass jam nut, for $20. Is there an alternative?

Sounds like they quoted your friend the price for the M1 jam nut which is $20 full retail and not the simple brass jam nut which is $14 full retail. I have an extra one that is new that I would sell for a bit less, send me PM.

BTW not sure of any alternatives. Though you could call Atomic as the very early jam nuts were plastic, not sure what Atomic does with them when they update a reg to have the brass jam nut. So they might have one around they could send you for the cost of shipping. ?????

Yep...20 bucks thats the going rate. The M-1 is a Jam Nut with fancy engraving and heat retention so I'm told by Atomic, since I don't dive in freezing temps, I can't vouch.
In the 2012 list anyway. 20 bucks. We sell lots of these to folks who want to go away from the second stage swivel to 7 foot hose. I have not found an alternative. I use one on my B2 myself. For 20 bones you would think it's got some gold in it huh ? But it works. G'luck. If find anything else let me know.

My thinking is that since the thread is universal, so the jam nut doesn't need to be Atomic brand, right? I can use the jam nut from other brand if they are more reasonable priced. In fact, if thread fit, I can just use any stainless steel or brass nut.

My thinking is that since the thread is universal, so the jam nut doesn't need to be Atomic brand, right? I can use the jam nut from other brand if they are more reasonable priced. In fact, if thread fit, I can just use any stainless steel or brass nut.

True, but most jam nuts I've seen are much thinner. You would need enough threads to get a firm hold on both ends, no ?

Back
Top Bottom