Mares MRS Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted asking about the Edge stealth, but due to no local support, I am now back to looking. I have had great luck with Mares and am looking at one of their BCD's. The thing I am concerned about is the reports of the MRS letting weights drop out unexpectedly. Is this still a problem, is there a fix for it?

I have two Mares BCs - an Icon and a Dragon. My son also has a Prestige. We've never had a problem with the weight pockets falling out. Assuming you're careful about making sure the disconnects are properly seated, you should have no issues.

I dove the Mares Prestige about 20 times.

Had a weight pouch drop twice. In one of the cases - it followed an OW drill with a removal and replace in water. My thought is that with the bladder inflated - properly replacing the weight pouch securely can be tough in water. The other case I can't explain.

It's also worth noting that with 20 dives in fresh water - the zipper on one of those pouches is already frayed to the point where it needed to be replaced. Can't recommend it.

Bjorn

I'm looking at the Pegasus (price and back inflate). If I get one I'll keep the seating in mind and I will get extra pockets. It will be a while before I get one, if you have any alternatives in the same price range (under $300) let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom