Help me identify this Genesis 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divezilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello
I have inherited 2 Genesis reg sets.
The 1st stage doesn't have a model name .. but looks exactly like the one in this picture. I think its a gf100 or gf200?
I know little or nothing about Genesis equipment. Is this a good Regulator model/brand?
How does it compare to a Mares MR12dfc?

Genesis1ststage.jpg

You aer correct that this is either a gf100 or 200. Difference between these two are that the 100 is an unbalanced 1st stage and the gf200 is a balanced 1st stage. If you take it to your local dive shop they can put it on the bench and check the intermediate pressure is a tank pressue of 3000 psi and 500 psi. If the IP is about 20 psi lower @500 psi, it is an unbalanced (gf100). if the pressure stays about the same it is a gf200.
The Genesis 1st stage is a piston type reg, the Mares MR12dfc is a balanced diaphragm 1st stage and will maintain an IP of about 142-145psi at any tank pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom