HOG 32 lb wing inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chironomidkraut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
standard rubber inflator hose is way too long, how do u measure for a new one, help or suggestions on size to order! Thanks

Last edited:
Look carefully at the corrugated hose, you'll see that on either side after the corrugated-accordion section there will be a short plain round tube section that connects to your elbow on one side and your inflator on the other. Usually 1-2 zipties tie it down.

You'll want to measure your corrugated hose from either end of that; include the plain round tube. I think HOG uses 16in corrugated hoses.
Standard lengths are 12in, 16in and 22in.
For reference Halcyon's use 12in. Drapes nicely at or below your D-ring depending on your height. At 5'6" mine drapes so the inflator sits right below the D-ring.
Stock BC's use odd size 16in corrugated hoses. My Sherwood is 16.5in I think, while my friend's Scuba Pro is 16in.

A lot of factors will dictate how long you want the hose...Does 1st stage swivel ?...Do you position 1st stage up/down or side ways ???....Do you want a Miflex or standard rubber hose....Are you going to attach it to the harness or let it float ??.......Is the hose going to lay on the inside or outside along the corrugated hose ??......Divers are particular about the orientation of the inflator, buttons facing left or right......They come in just about any length.....Put your gear on and have some one measure it...You'll then have what you want and are comfortable with....No guess work......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom