Guess its now my turn...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just ordered my sidemount rig (Hollis SMS100) & have 2 LP 85's ready to go out for hydro (my original set of doubles that I just bought back). Then the training begins this summer. Goodness,... what am I getting myself into?:idk: Let the fun begin:D

So are you ordering premade sets of regs or are you going to fight you way through making what you have work?

Since you're a cave diver, go straight to Marianna and have Edd Sorenson give you a sidemount class. You'll save yourself months of headaches.

Great!!! Good luck with it. I can't wait to get home and work with the kit I have some more. Seems like I am constantly tweaking it. I find something that works well, and then want to try something else. Thank goodness I can dive whenever I want.

Reference the SMS 100.... I did an open water sidemount class in this rig....aluminum 80s....and by the second dive I felt pretty good in it. I've got an SMS 50 on pre order for aluminum tanks but was surprised how well it went in the SMS 100 in fairly short order. Going into the class I expected to struggle with trim etc. but, to my surprise, I never felt it necessary to change anything during the class so I like the choice of rigs. Good luck with the class!

Since you're a cave diver, go straight to Marianna and have Edd Sorenson give you a sidemount class. You'll save yourself months of headaches.

I will be training with my cave instructor at this point. That doesn't mean I can't be open minded to other ideas, but I am comfortable with him & his training.

---------- Post added May 7th, 2012 at 09:18 PM ----------

where you plan to use it?

There are tighter tunnels in Peacock & Ginnie I would like to explore, that would likely be messy or too tight for BM. I want to start by checking those out in systems I am familiar with, then possibly on to other things.

Back
Top Bottom