First local dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nosnhoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Fenelon falls on Saturday. Temp was 52f and quite warm in a 7mm suit. Visibility left a bit to be desired, but a dive is a dive, and it got me out of yardwork!

G

Dove Fenelon falls on Saturday. Temp was 52f and quite warm in a 7mm suit. Visibility left a bit to be desired, but a dive is a dive, and it got me out of yardwork!

G

Glad you got out and had a good dive.

I certified in DR but fell in love with diving so I knew local diving was a must. My first local dive was about dive #7 or 8 and was The Lighthouse in Tobermory. I remember the ice cream headache from the 50°'sh waters and the bad words I muttered out loud :D. But the water numbed me and I went on to have a great dive and have never looked back. It is nice to look back at that once in a while. Thanks for the post.

Have done 3 dives at Sherkston Quarry over the last two weekends. Temperature was high 40's but had gone up to the low 50's this past weekend. Viz seems to be decreasing already, however. Noticeable difference in just one week.

Wow and here I thought 40F at Tobermory was tropical last Sunday!

Tell me about it - Morrison's Quarry was 38F. Hoping for warmer this weekend, but not counting on it :(

Wow and here I thought 40F at Tobermory was tropical last Sunday!

Cedar Hill was 41* today at depth.....but a balmy 45 down to about 30'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom