Bali June 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

russell45

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Im going to Bali in JUne (from UK).

Ive got some diving booked but would appreciate some advice about good dive sites and indeed other places to visit/avoid?

Im Padi Rescue with approx 250 dives.

Cheers

Russell

Tulamben and the Liberty Wreck there is an excellent location. From Kuta or Sanur it's easily a 3 possibly 4 hours drive, pending on traffic, each way.
Pending on what yu're after during the evenings/nights, stay directly at Tulamben or a location nearer to Tulamben like Candidasa.

Personally, my first choice is Tulamben but I am biaised over macro and coral stuff.
Otherwise the Gilis (Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong) right off Candi Dasa maybe challenging but they can be very good, always plenty of sharks.

I really enjoy Tulamben for some marco/muck diving(also pop to seraya secrets) and Nusa Penida/Lembongan for a good mixture of diving. Did not get to dive
Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong due to an ear infection :( but my friends enjoyed it alot and enjoyed the currents and sharks!!

Thanks for this, Ill take your advice on the Gilis.

Cheers

Russell

Hi Russell I'm in Tulamben at the moment. Can really recommend Liberty Dive Resort. Liberty Dive Resort (Tulamben, Indonesia) - Resor Khusus Ulasan - TripAdvisor

The diving here isn't as good as it was a week or two ago, but still 15-20m viz most days. Diving here is really effected by the wind/swell.

Here's some short vids I made a couple of weeks ago in Tulamben:

Humphead Parrotfish, Scuba Diving at USAT Liberty, Tulamben, Bali (16m) 07/05/12 - GoPro HD Hero2 - YouTube

I would go Amed or Tulamben (or both). I'm going to Amed next week, will let you know what the conditions are like. PM if you'd like more details about anything (I'm from the UK also!)

Cheers,

Wow! Great luck there :)

I've seen many Pigmy Sea Horses on the Wreck and also The Dropoff - amazing.

I'll be doing some Bali diving in June, at Menjangan area. Another SBer (shortdivemedic) will join me for a few days and then continue on to Tulamben after I leave. If you'd like to discuss the idea of joining in, let me know!

Back
Top Bottom