Aqualung Airsource 3 quick disconnect LP hose [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Aqualung Airsource 3 quick disconnect LP hose

Sponsored Link
Slmason.72
May 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I would like to run all MiFlex style hoses on my gear. I have had no trouble with the reg hose and BCD quick connect hose. I am, however, having trouble finding one for my AirSource 3. If you're wondering where the extra hose comes into this, I have an Aqualung Dimension with i3, but also added the AirSource 3 for redundancy and streamlining. I also eliminated the high pressure hose by going with a wireless AI computer.

The AirSource 3 has what appears to be a proprietary quick connect coupling. I have been able to find two major styles of these quick connects, but not one listed to fit Aqualung. The quick connect that came with the device is not a permanent attachment to a hose, but what appears to be a 7/16-24 female to quick connect adapter. To replace this hose, I need a 3/8-24 male to 7/16-24 male hose of at least 26, but preferably 30" in length.

I have searched on line and have not even been able to find a standard rubber hose for these specs. Any thoughts?

couv
May 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Usually, if there is a screw in adapter, it will screw onto a standard second stage hose. 3/8 male on one end, 9/16 on the other.

If you already have the screw on adapter, you probably just need a regulator hose. Divegearexpress.com has a wide variety of hose lengths including flex hoses. Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express (http://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/hoses_braided.shtml) If you need the screw on adapter, they may have that also on this page: BC Integrated Backup Second Stages - Dive Gear Express (http://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/rg2200.shtml) I think AL takes the same size as Seaquest. But it is unclear so you may want to give them a call.

Slmason.72
June 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM
By the way, the seaquest style did fit the aqualung. A bit hard to locate, but I found one.

Thanks for the assist.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1