Elite 2 harness Verses Continuous Web...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam_The_Submersible

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

This may be a common Question, however..

I'm about to enter a Tech Course and am not sure whether to buy the Hollis Elite 2 (pads look comfy!) or the Swichtback (on special ATM for a good price), or just a single piece webbing. My LDS does great deals on Hollis so I want to stick with that brand.

Anyone had any of these items? any pointers?

Start with the continuous webbing--it's much cheaper and most people are happy with them. If you need the more expensive Hollis harness, you won't be out much money upgrading. Depending on who's teaching your tech course, they might require a simple Hog harness.

Hey Sam,

I have actually dove with both the continuous and Elite2. And both were very nice. The continuous I found took a little time to get adjusted just right. AFAIK the switchback is discontinued from Hollis which is probably why they have it on special but that is not a bad thing if you can save a few bucks. Hope my .02 cents helps.

I chose the Solo one piece harness. It came with the thin pads which are nice when walking with doubles on land but not needed in the water. The pads are dense and I have found they did not add extra needed lead. I too found it took some dives to get it adjusted just right as well. But that the buaety of continuous webbing, a perfect fit for you. They give four chest d-rings but you will need only two, one for each side. Put them up high near your collar bone. Also place the waist d-rings or if you choose one left side only a few inches from your backplate. You may find it difficult to reach back that far on land but in the water you'll be surprised. But of course adjust accordingly.

Good luck and remember to have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom