which computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered the XP-10 by Subgear/Scubapro?

I'm not a fan of Sunnto or Mares. Both have had issues in the past which may not be valid now, but old prejudices die hard.

I like Aeris and have owned the Atmos II for almost a decade and the Epic for a long while as well. Very reliable, easy to replace batteries. Both do Nitrox. The Epic does everything but trimix. Check em out.

Entry level Suuntos Zoop(Gekko)/Vyper are very reliable, cheap and simple computers, user replaceable batteries which is very convenient. I'd go with one of those. Been using them for years without issue. For a recreational diver all you really need. Type in names in search and you get a lot of info/reviews etc. good luck.

Mares is simple. Got one for my wife. Quite conservative algorithm, but that is fine too. Only gripe I have is the non-existent support from the software side. Never got a response from them.... Thankfully, I'm a hack enough, and there are a few helpful folks around here that got the software going.

Some complain about the one button, but to me its almost preferable. Push the button - scroll through...

They have stayed "progressive" including deep stop ability, so it matches diving philosophy currently endorsed.

Do I like it? - yes, would I buy another, doubtful... Good for the price, and for what I spent, I consider it "throw-a-way"...

zoop doesn't have the gauge mode. you can use puck as a bottom timer. Other than than the Puck has backlight.

some of the suuntos (if not all of them) doesn't allow you to change mode in 24 hours after a dive. So if you've done a air dive in air mode you can't change it to nitrox mode. But you can keep it in nitrox mode and adjust it to 21% nitrox.

........ Only gripe I have is the non-existent support from the software side. ........
Use alternatives?

[video=youtube;YmrNGOpzQVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmrNGOpzQVQ[/video]

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom