Two weeks before the NSS-CDS Workshop!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xenia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is only two weeks until the NSS-CDS workshop!!!
You can register on the eventbrite site:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2848418 ... rch?srnk=1

Friday, 5/25 we have the social at Kathy's (Dive Outpost) with her cooking that is exceptional. You can still register on site Fri. or Saturday.

Saturday, 5/26: Jill Heinerth, Peter Buzzacott, Lamar English, Edd Sorenson, Rob Neto, Kelly Jessop, Dr. Harris, Brett Hemphill, Chris Richardson are our distinguished speakers. The topics are quite controversial and interesting to discuss. Plus there will be door prices (I really want that Shearwater!), first time arts exhibit with themes taken from the springs, and exhibitors carrying the latest gear.

Sunday, 5/27: clinics, many of them: cave bioligy, ccr exploration, sidemount clinic! I will try the vertical clinic.. even though I am a bit scared of heights. With all the drought here I may soon have to climb to the cave.
:depressed:​

Don't forget you need to register for any events (even the social). All is included in registration ($50 for cds members).

If you are open water, wreck, reef, river, bathtub diver don't hesitate to register! Just because us cave divers have such a bad name, being arrogant and unsocial, does not mean it is true! :wink: Come to the workshop to find out!! I promise, we won't bite... too much!
:D

Congrats on your award for your volunteer work. I could only do the lectures I've got diving to do on Sunday. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Congrats on your award for your volunteer work. I could only do the lectures I've got diving to do on Sunday. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Thank you! Glad you could make it. It was a fun workshop. I missed most talks because I was working on the registration desk but I heard they were very interesting. I got to listen to some very good talks from Edd Sorrenson, Jill Heinerth and Chris Richardson. these were very thought provoking.

The clinics went well, especially sidemount with Edd Sorrenson (Cave Adventures) and IUCRR with Lamar Hires (from Dive Rite).

The door tickets were just amazing! Regulators from Hog, Shearwater computer, AND TWO $1,000 gift cards from Dive Rite!!! ... and even more...

The art show was beautiful, I hope we keep this for every year.

For those of you that made it we were so happy to see you and thank you for supporting the CDS. For those that did not make it... hope you will make it next year at Wakulla with Chris Wickman as the chair!! This will be a historic event and I look forward to it.

As volunteer coordinator I would like to give a special THANK YOU to the volunteers:

1. Bob Knazik: MVV (Most Valuable Volunteer) for showing up on Friday and helping so much with registration, for showing up early and first out of everyone on Saturday and bringing more water bottles and ice, for making the job fun with his humor!!!
2. Mat Bull: MVP (Most Valuable Pimp ) for selling the most raffle tickets I had ever imagined, for taking initiative, running around selling raffle tickets, for being there any time we needed him.
3. Bill Huth: EV (Excellent Volunteer) for being there early in the morning Saturday and helping with the most busy registration shift, always with a smile!
4. Dave Jones: EV for being there on the second registration shift and sticking with it, for taking good pictures and making good jokes.
5. Jordon Cook: EV for sticking there at the worse registration shift during lunch and not complaining at all when the delicious Mexican food was making us salivate and hungry.
6. Sandy Robinson: for helping us with registration during lunch, taking our shifts, helping Michael Angelo with the art show.
7. Scott Jantz: for being there manning the registration and helping me track down people that had not given all their credit card data.
8. Aletheia Lange: for helping Edd at the sidemount clinic which everybody loved (indeed they loved both Aletheia and Edd )
9. Monica Lara: for helping with the art show, manning the booth for so many hours.
10. Riana Treanor: for helping Cathy with the delicious cooking for the social.
11. Gwen Wyatt: for processing the credit dard data and being patient with me missing a lot of it!!

If I missed anyone (I did not know all the great people that helped at the art show for example) please forgive me, I did not do this on purpose. We appreciate all and any help we got and honestly we cannot thank you enough for taking the time, missing some talks, to help us out. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for your efforts Xenia...didn't line up with my schedule this year, but I've heard nothing but good things about the event and appreciate the service you guys do for the community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom