New Sidemount Video Diving Guide from Jeff Loflin & Jill Heinerth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's nicely done, the divers look good in the water. It's slanted toward Hollis gear, but fair is fair, there is plenty of video out there featuring the Razor II. Is that Brian Kakuk in the yellow helmet in the decorated cave?

Yes, Ron that's Brian Kakuk in one of his beautiful Bahama caves...
Although Hollis generously supplied some gear for the demonstrations, Jeff and Jill make a good effort to be "nondenominational." The principles and techniques can be applied to almost any sidemount rig - and much of the in-water footage features a variety of manufacturers and set ups.

How large is the file? I am debating between downloading it, or just buying the DVD. It would take two weeks to arrive here if shipped, but with my internet here, it might never download.

947 MB(Odd, it won't let me capitalize MB, if I just enter "947 MB")

How large is the file? I am debating between downloading it, or just buying the DVD. It would take two weeks to arrive here if shipped, but with my internet here, it might never download.
405 MB 64 minutes and 49 seconds. If you are still in SW Florida, it will only take a few days to receive a DVD. Ships from High Springs, FL.

Robert, I am no longer in Naples at the moment. I still live there, but I am stationed down in Guantanamo Bay at the moment. 405 MB would take anywhere between 11-20 hours to download depending on how many people are online at the moment. The internet is that bad! LOL. They also limit is to 4hours of online time and sign us off automatically unless we call and have it turned on longer on a case by case basis. Updating my iPad was awful! If it is 947MB, for get it!!!! lol..

Anyway, I guess I will just order it, as long as you don't mind shipping to an APO. The book took two weeks to get here!

Thanks for the quick answer.

James: I'll ship it Express at my expense. As I recall from my long ago Navy Seabee days, sometimes the mail was received at our unit, then it sat for days in the battalion postal clerk's office! What can I do to help it get to you quickly?

Thanks Robert. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately nothing makes mail get here any quicker. It goes to Kearny NJ where it sits for a while. Express might get it to NJ faster, but that would be it. I am placing the order right now.

---------- Post added May 13th, 2012 at 02:47 PM ----------

Order placed through PayPal.

So you were a SeaBee? The SeaBee group down here are a great bunch.

Back
Top Bottom