No (water) Pressure Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Margaret Webb joined us this morning to see how far along the sculpin eggs on the barge were. They're pretty far, in fact, they were gone. I then looked around in the ten feet of visibility for a Cuthona albocrusta, the tiny nudibranch I've been finding recently. I spotted one right away. It was much larger than the previous finds. It's hiding behind a snail in this photo. That is my finger to the left.

RedondoBeach2.jpg

RedondoBeach8.jpg

I found more of the usual nudis and flatworms, but nothing new today. The water has warmed up ten degrees since last week. It was also windy and overcast. Looks like summertime has arrived in SoCal.

RedondoBeach9.jpg

RedondoBeach12.jpg

RedondoBeach11.jpg

RedondoBeach10.jpg

RedondoBeach1.jpg

We headed to the Landing Craft, hoping for better conditions. It was a little worse with eight feet vis and surge. I found three Cuthona divaes but little else. Whe I got back on the boat there was no water pressure. This meant no hot shower. No rinsing cameras. No flushing the toilet with two women onboard.
We made it back to the marina, where I spent most of the day replacing the water pressure pump, filling tanks, washing gear and the boat. It was a twelve hour day for two dives within a mile or so from home.

RedondoBeach13.jpg

RedondoBeach14.jpg

RedondoBeach15.jpg

RedondoBeach17.jpg

Woah that Cuthona albocrusta is insanely small! I'm still amazed that you can find these little guys. Love the Hermi in the clam shell. Great splash of colors. I've got a thing for slugs in empty shells:eyebrow:
HermiinShellCropandVibrant-2.jpg

Those are some really great photos. I would gladly spend 12 hours to get to dive and take pictures with you guys. Thanks for sharing them.

The two nudis in the clam may be my favorite nudi pic of all time! Not sure why, but I love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom