Tec 2g won't stay on outside of water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As title says. I have a new Tec2g. It just won't stay on unless I am diving. Once on top, it will turn itself off after 10 minutes of not pressing any buttom. Is this normal? My other computer, Aeris T3, will stay on in SI, even stay on for a couple of hours after the last dive of the day to keep desat count down. Different computer, maybe different behavior. I just want to comfirm.

Btw, I read the manual, didn't say anything about it.

Probably the older computers have deposits on the 'wet' sensor keeping them in 'wet' mode for longer. Or maybe they are in protective boots again keeping moisture on the contacts. My Suunto turns off after about 10mins- good IMO to keep battery life. My older computer took a while to turn off in the boot, so I would take it out to prevent unnecessary battery drain

Mine does the same thing. It goes into a sleep mode. The computer is still keeping track of the dives, just the digital face is off. Push any button and face is back on or when you go back into the water.
DP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom