I've gone CRAZY for DiViNg!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As I reflect on how diving has effected me and compare it to other sports (skydiving, motocross & desert racing, alpine skiing, waterskiing, Harley Davidsons, sports cars, big game hunting, etc) I have participated in,---- I have come to the conclusion nothing has enveloped my interest or passion as scuba diving. It is almost a spiritual experiance every time I dive. Nothing else compares to it for me.

Any thoughts or comparisons, does it effect you the same?

SterlingDiver :bounce:

Welcome to the addiction we call diving. Others have called is a lifestyle, but the truth is it is an addition. Like alchohol, there are some folks that don't care for it. There are others who drink occasionally/socially. Then there are the alcoholics. Those of us dive-a-holics understand where you are coming from. Thank God diving is healthier.....but as difficult as it can be, all things in moderation...

Good Luck

You're in good company!

Hello. My Name is Laurel and I am a dive addict.

Like they say about crack...it only takes once and you're hooked. I no sooner get out of the water from one dive and I'm looking for my next hit/dive.

I just hope my family never finds a rehab for this!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

........I'm told the 'addiction' is incurable...... God, I certainly hope so! :)

....do agree the with the 'spiritual' viewpoint though...everytime I go diving it amazes me that I shouldn't really be able to do what I'm doing, breathing UW...exploring an 'alien' world.......just too cool!

Karl

Diving has become much more to me than I thought it would. I have logged 27 dives since my cert in mid sept '03. I enjoy the people, the discipline, the freedom and the challenge and opportunity to improve with every dive.

I agree -- yet as much as I love to dive -- I found skydiving to much more mind consuming and addictive.

That said -- my bosses pool is looking inviting as I don't think I will be diving again until late December.

Kimber

H, Sterling. Know exactly what you're saying. Since I began diving, it has consumed my thoughts. It fascinates me and absorbs me and inspires me.

Hell, it's even got me interested in Physics!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom