Lake charlevoix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know the status of moorings on the Jacob p and the keuka. Any numbers would be appreciated for the other wrecks as well. I have notes going back on a double ender and a small wreck by oyster bay. I'll be hitting my old stomping ground mid June.

Hi Andy

I do not know if I will be around that weekend after our cruise but I will let you know. I did a big project last summer with Sony and found two new wrecks. It was my deepset dives yet to 300 ft. Anyway the mooring sub-suface jug is still on the Kueka and I do not know about the Jacob P. I will look this weekend and let you know. I might try and add a line to the Kueka this weekend also. Good to hear from you.

Stan

Thanks Stan,
The Trailer to the movie was pretty cool. I haven't been able to find the full movie to watch. I think Wendy has my cell # so give a call when you can. We'll see if we can get together.

I found some numbers for the Charlevoix sites.

Keuka 45.18.34.6 - 85.14.27.8
Unknown 45.18.83 - 85.13.52 (is this the Jacob P)
Elizibeth 45.19.03.2 - 85.15.13.4 (in Round Lake)

I also found some another number that it doesn't look like I've tried:

CG Launch 45.19.14 - 85.15.32.4 (by the numbers this should be in Round lake as well)

I'm pretty sure I've been on another by Oyster bay and one closer to the South Arm.
There is also a wreck by Horse Point on the NOAA charts that I've never heard of.

If anyone can fill in the blanks it would be appreciated.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

So I found this from Stan a couple years back. These should be better numbers on the Jacob P and Kueka

I have installed a mooring on the Jacob P in lake Charlevoix. This 70 ft. sailing ship lies in 68ft. of water in the north end of the lake. The GPS no's are 45 18 786 085 13 553 The mooring is the same as the Kueka with a sub-surface jug and a foam filled jug on the surface. The GPS no's for the Kueka mooring are 45 18 329 085 14 292

I replaced the surface tag line on the Kueka yesterday. I also added an orange bullet float on the surface. The looped end sticks straight up making it very easy the grab. I will do the same next weekend on the Jacob P.

We dove the Kueka and the Jacob P a few years back and I was really pleased with the dives.
The depth was easy and the conditions were excellent.
The Jacob P was very interesting and the restaurant bar at the dock was very good as well.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

The Jacob P. now has an orange bullet float on the surface.

Thanks Stan,
Im looking forward to seeing the keuka as well as you and Wendy, it's been too many years. I will be hitting the kueka about June 20th. We will talk soon about that weekend.

---------- Post added ----------

Btw Stan tells me that the Elizabeth is the cg launch. So there is no reason why I have 2 sets of numbers.

HI Wolfie, Stan and Cam
Great Info.
I am comming back up to TC mid August to find the 3 I missed in the west bay. But due to your notes I am also planning on spending a day or two on lake Charlevoix.
I will be renting a pontoon and diving off it with my son.
Any more info you could supply with updates and conditions would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Cheers SteveP

Thanks Stan for all your work on keeping the dive sites on Lake Charlevoix marked. We dove the Keuka on 8-12-12 and it was so easy to find & tie up to. I would love to dive it again along with the Jacob P.

I dove bothe the Kaeuka and the Jacob P last week.
Mooring on Keuka was intact easy to see and on the co ordinates Great Dive.

The Jacob P had been cut. if you rode around you could see the rope and sub surface trailing about 3 feet under water. we snorkled to it. and tied off then followed the line down. both great dives.

I was told by an employee that the one in round lake called C-G was removed about 2 years ago.

Round lake was too busy to try and dive the one wreck in there.

Back
Top Bottom