Hollis H-160 maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, I emailed you but no answer, maybe I'll be luckier here.

Where can I found what are the part to maintain annually and how to take apart and rebuild the scooter. (don't tell me to take it to my LDS he doesn't know).

Thanks but no, there is nothing. Incredible that I can't found anything on maintenance and how to take it apart and rebuild it

When you buy a scooter they should at least put a DVD with a 1 on 1 steps of how to take it apart and maintenance.

Can't believe I bought a 4000$ equipment and I don't know how to take care of it.

Hi Valery,

The standard charge for a full overhaul is $250.00 factory direct, and basically covers everything except flooded motors that are non-serviceable, and replacement of the battery packs. The only user serviceable items are the 2 o-rings on the lower housing. :wink:

Nick

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your answer so when they say annual service it's only for the 2 o-ring on the cone motor body?

I've a small concern if you could help:

When I release the trigger, the switch rod goes all the way down and hit the cone motor body, is that normal, the spot where the switch rod hit seems to have removed the paint. Should I worry about future corrosion? How to fix this?

(Factory overhaul would mean sending it from Lebanon to the US and bringing it back, it would be too expensive, the only option is to do it myself)

Last edited:
We are 3 guys with this maintenance problem.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337142137.945712.jpg

Thanks for posting this Valery,

I'm looking to buy 2 DPV's soon, along with some other gear. Dive X and Hollis are on my list, but maintenance is a big decision maker for me.

I'm in Japan so I need to be able to do most of the maintenance myself.

Hopefully you're maintenance issue will get resolved.

-Mitch

Well if you learn how to take it apart and rebuild it , just let me know

Valery

Looks like you have a few options. The international offices for Hollis near you are listed below. Nick does not check here as much as some vendors do in their company areas. Try one of the international offices they may be able to help fix the problem. Good Luck

CYPRUS
Nautilos Trading
25a Prodromou Str,
Strovolos,.
Nicosia
Cyprus
Phl: +357 7000 DIVE (3483)
Fax: +357
Email: Cyprus@hollisgear.com

or

ISRAEL
Deep Import &