Finding Buddies/Groups - Ottawa Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bolts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I got certified last year (OW only so far) and recently bought some gear. I'm aware some LDS in the Ottawa area have dives during the week, but I'm wondering if there are any other groups or whatnot where you could be paired up with someone to go diving with...and wouldn't have a problem with relative newbie divers (only 3 dives here after certification...).

Cheers!

Hi bolts. I would also recommend you join Ontario Diving and post there. It is much smaller than ScubaBoard but it is more regionally specific. Many members are on both SB and OD but many are only looking for regional information/participation and therefore stick with Ontario Diving. I find posting on both boards depending on your needs works very well.

I think starting out with the LDS dives is a good start. Even if there are other groups, it is more exposure to other divers and to diving. The larger your circle of dive buddies, the less likely you are to be sitting at home on a weekend wishing you had a buddy that could be diving. The best rule I found.....get in the water for almost any reason. Bottom time (experience) is what it is all about.

Bolts...which LDS did you use for your OW or did you do it else where? PM me if you prefer. Are you facebook equipped???

DiveForum.ca is another option. A bunch of Ottawa divers on there. You can also PM or call me as we do organize some dives as well.

Mat.

Back
Top Bottom