Macaws????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
IMHO, it seems the header on this SCUBA board might be something like:

Tropical Fish! Whales! Sharks! Coral! Sponges! Divers! Squid! Octupi! Dive Flag! Pennipeds! Pelagics! Nudibranchs! Sea Stars!

Though I have nothing against our brazillian friends, IE green-wing and blue & gold macaws seen above. Something that breathes water seems to make more sense.

You cold water divers should have an even harder time trying to relate to the tropical theme of the parrots.

Am I right? Am I right?

Anyone else wondered about this?

SterlingDiver
:wink:

SterlingDiver once bubbled...

Anyone else wondered about this?

SterlingDiver
:wink:

Yes and it's been discussed at length in previous threads. If you do a search you will probably be able to turn something up.

I think the explanation was because SB is part of a network of other sites with the same owner, and the header was sort of a continuous theme.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Yes and it's been discussed at length in previous threads. If you do a search you will probably be able to turn something up.

I think the explanation was because SB is part of a network of other sites with the same owner, and the header was sort of a continuous theme.

Yes, and I think there was even a contest going at one point where people came up with new banner ideas. That was an interesting thread.

........as Cave Diver suggested I did a "search", quite a few posts, but, no real explanation for the birds.

C'mon you guys, let's have some finned critters here! ;-0

Birds are for old folks in rocking chairs, right? :eek:ldguy:

SterlingDiver

SterlingDiver once bubbled...
........as Cave Diver suggested I did a "search", quite a few posts, but, no real explanation for the birds.

Did you find the one with the contest in it? I believe that was the one with the explanation. If not, I'll see if I can track down the thread if I can remember it when I get time.

Dee? I think you were involved in that, got any help here?

Here's a quote from the thread. Don't know if it's the answer you're looking for, but it's the best answer I can find for you.

Dee once bubbled...
ScubaSource encompasses more than just what's underwater. The birds are a tropical influence and although there is certainly scuba lifestyles in other parts of the world, it's the tropics that everyone thinks of when Scuba is mentioned. Macaws are instantly recognizable as a tropical bird. If they had chosen fish, which would they have used? Species from the Pacific? Caribbean? Red Sea? And how on earth would you decide on just two? I'd hate to choose just two of my Caribbean favorites, much less all the other considerations.

So there....that's my 2¢ I like the birds!

Sterling, just thought you'd want to know, my parakeet is taking names...

Signed,

Ancient in California

I'm probably on it's list, huh? *snicker*

Hey, I like the Macaw and the tropical imagry! Helps me think warm thoughts during this time of year.

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
Sterling, just thought you'd want to know, my parakeet is taking names...

Signed,

Ancient in California

And, it's quite amazing just how many divers own birds...

My instructor has a 6-7 year old african gray that knows well over 1500+ words and phrases and even makes up new phrases from various words she knows. It's spooky how appropriate what she says can be sometimes.

She's currently learning a song from Shrek... His wife loves the movie and plays it once in a while.

The bird sings "Somebody once told me..." and thats all she knows so far but each time I visit it's a bit more.

She sings parts of some Jimmy Buffet songs too.

I would consider having a bird but pets are not allowed where I live.

Back
Top Bottom