Do Seawing nova bungees fit Mares Quattro's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I currently have seawing nova's which i absolutely love, but i've found when diving at home in cold water, with a 7mm and a lot more weight, the positively buoyant seawings are resulting in back pain, its even worse when i add my negatively buoyant camera rig.

I'm looking at getting some Mares Quattro's. Does anyone know if i'll be able to fit the bungee strap from my seawing's onto the quattro's?

Many thanks,

MA

I doubt it. Scuba Pro Sea wings have propitiatory clips. I was not able to find straps that fit mine so I had to order a direct replacement set at big $$ however I will tell you I have no idea what the Mares clips are like

Why not just get spring straps for the Mares?

I have two sets of SB fins (one is the nova), and they both use the key-hole connector, with a t-post on the fin's foot pocket. AFAIK the Nova is the only one with bungies, but the connector is the same as the spring strap. If the Mares uses the same T-Post and size, then it might work. I've also found that 1lb ankle weighs can offset the nova, but you'll need to test that for your own configuration.

If you don't like ankle weights, then I'd just get heavier fins that come with spring straps. Hollis F1s are heavy, DiveRites, SP jets, and most of the other paddle fins favored by the tech crowd should work fine.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I was just hoping to use the bungee to save some $, fins are very expensive here in australia, and shipping on fins negates any benefit from importing them. As ana example, cressi pro lights are $140 here compared to $40 in the u.s.. Going the the spring strap was option 2!

Have tried the ankle weights, they do fix my trim, but i didnt like them in currents, felt a bit wierd. Shame as i do love the seawings, which do work for me in tropical diving without my camera and minimal weights.

Cheers

MA

Why not just get spring straps for the Mares?

I have two sets of SB fins (one is the nova), and they both use the key-hole connector, with a t-post on the fin's foot pocket. AFAIK the Nova is the only one with bungies, but the connector is the same as the spring strap. If the Mares uses the same T-Post and size, then it might work. I've also found that 1lb ankle weighs can offset the nova, but you'll need to test that for your own configuration.

If you don't like ankle weights, then I'd just get heavier fins that come with spring straps. Hollis F1s are heavy, DiveRites, SP jets, and most of the other paddle fins favored by the tech crowd should work fine.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I've also found that 1lb ankle weighs can offset the nova, but you'll need to test that for your own configuration.

or just get the seawing nova gorrilas

Or get a set of XS Scuba Spring Straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom