Suunto D6i stuck in "Free Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srijken

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I accidentally used my D6i in "Free Dive" mode while diving with air. Now when I try to use the up/down buttons I can't switch it to air (or any other) mode. It also indicates a no-fly time of 48 hours since the exit time, which makes it look like it is in error mode. It doesn't show an error though, and it would be really weird to be in error, because nothing exceptional happened during the dive.

Is there a way to reset the unit so I can continue using it?

From my experience, most dive computers - including Suuntos- tend to 'lock' into a particular mode (dive/gauge/freedive) for 12-24 hours after use. That's pretty standard.

Only way to 'reset' is to remove the batteries - not recommended.

I second DD's answer. Once used in Freedive mode, it locks you out from diving until the 'No Fly' obligation has counted down. It's annoying but not much you can do with your model as it's not user friendly when it comes to the battery.

OK thanks for confirming that, now at least I can stop searching for ways now :)

Apparently it takes 48 hours, so I'll be forced to rent a computer tomorrow, just like today.

i aoundlt access air for last few days as im diving everyday, i can still access the nitrox. i worked around it using 21% setting in nitrox setting for air use.

Back
Top Bottom