Batteries for a computer UWATEC Smart TEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a computer UWATEC Smart TEC but it is not working because, I guess, the battery is not working any more. When I bought it, I got a card with saying S/N 10507130248. Can somebody direct me to buy a replacement or something else?
Eduardo
México

Did you buy it from an authorized SCUBAPRO/UWATEC dealer? If so this may apply:

Additionally, if you have purchased a selected* UWATEC computer from an authorized dealer you are eligible for The Batteries for Life Program. When the batteries require replacement, simply return you computer to SCUBAPRO UWATEC. We will calibrate the computer and replace the batteries, free of charge. (a $400 value). Purchases from unauthorized dealers, will be required to pay full retail price for replacement and service.

*Smart Z, Smart Tec, Smart COM, Smart PRO, Air Z 02, Air Z, Air Z Nitrox

Note that this is from the U.S. website: SCUBAPRO - Product Support

We have an active Scubapro manufacturer's forum on ScubaBoard so you may want to contact one of the the mfr's reps. about it here: SCUBAPRO

Last edited:
just take it to a scubapro dealer and they send it in to get the battery replaced. Dont try and replace it yourself. The battery is oil filled and will leak.

Back
Top Bottom