A Day Late and a Doliolid Short

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
With reports of sixty feet visibility on the Redondo barge and Dendronotus iris at Marineland, I was excited to get in a couple of great dives today. I ran into Scott Susoeff at Dive n' Surf yesterday He told us about his dive on the barge. I jokingly said we would probably have brown water there today. We did. The top fifteen feet was warm and blue, but the brown layer extended to within ten feet above the barge.We made the best of it by shooting nudis and attempting to shoot jellies in the muck.

Redondo1-1.jpg

Redondo2-1.jpg

Cuthona albocrusta

Redondo4.jpg

Christmas tree full of Hermissenda ornaments

Redondo5-1.jpg

Redondo3.jpg

Redondo11-1.jpg

Aegires albopunctatus

Redondo6.jpg

Redondo10-1.jpg

Cuthona divae

Redondo12-1.jpg

Redondo13-1.jpg

Thetys vagina

Craig Hoover told of Rainbow nudibranchs, Dendronotus iris in the sand near the 120 Reef at Marineland. When they have shown up before, they arrived in large numbers in an area we call Rainbow Nudi Bank. I decided to dive there, but it was a bad decision. We were skunked. Kevin Lee and I each found a Hopkin's rose while Merry got more incredible jelly photos.

Marineland2-1.jpg

Hopkin's rose

Marineland3-2.jpg

Octocoral, Alcyonium rudyi

Marineland1-1.jpg

A single star, just like the rating I get for my choice of dive sites today. :(

I don't know -- I think any dive where you get a photograph like that octocoral picture has to be rated higher than one star!

I don't think I've ever seen a nicer vagina. :dork2: Great shot! Excellent Cuthona divae series as well. Superb collection. How were the conditions at the Rainbow bank? I'm debating on attempting another solo at Marineland on Tuesday morning.

Excellent pictures! Wonderful!

Thank you for sharing. :)

I don't think I've ever seen a nicer vagina. :dork2: Great shot! Excellent Cuthona divae series as well. Superb collection. How were the conditions at the Rainbow bank? I'm debating on attempting another solo at Marineland on Tuesday morning.
You should see Merry's!....She got a NatGeo quality shot today.
We had ten feet of cloudy vis and 51° at the point. Craig said the nudis were in the sand off the 120 Reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom