Diving Lake Michigan or Huron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking for any suggestions as to any good dive sites or dive charters in the Lake Michigan or lake Huron Michigan side of the lakes. I have heard there is some good wrecks to dive. We would be interested in an easier dive in the 40 to 60 feet depth. Also any shore dives.

There are charters out of Pt. Sanilac every weekend. I also line up week day charters on both the US and Canadian sides of Lake Huron. My favorite wreck in the Sanilac Preserve is the Regina. Most of it sits in that 40-60 foot range. When diving out of Pt. Sanilac I usually dive the Great Lakes Diver. She is run by Bruno's Dive Shop in Clinton Twp, MI.

Hope to see you out diving,

Bus

40 to 60 in the open water tends to wrecks that have been torn up by ice and storms. Nontheless there are a lot of great wrecks for you to see. Check out the web sites for the various preserves to narrow it down some and we can help you out. Saying lake Michigan OR lake Huron leaves us with several thousand wrecks and I'd guess 5-8 dozen charter operations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom