Avoiding "Tank Head" With the TransPac Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite

Contributor
Reaction score
We get the question of how to avoid getting hit by the regulator/tank valve when diving the TransPac. More often than not, there are two main issues: (1) Incorrect size harness and (2) improper donning technique. We've made a video to help folks understand how to better don the harness and our new size chart should make sizing very clear. Let us know what you think!

Kathleen

Size Chart
Tpac Video

Video won't play on my iPad so no comments there, but could you please amend the sizing chart so it shows metric as well as imperial measurements?

Can't get videos on my MacBook Pro either.

Can't play on my PC Window 7 either.

Also, I think that I like the old chart better. If memory served, the old chart have you measure your torso length. I am short (5ft6) but I have long torso and short legs, so the current chart would have me on a transpac that's too small.

It also is just more common with two tank band softpack BCDs. I have drifted away from my Transpac, because since switching back to 7.25" tanks from 8" tanks, the only way to avoid tank head banging is to just not use the top cam band.

I tried using an STA for the offset, but that's just too floppy.

And students just cannot really deal with tank head, and they react to it by going out of trim, so they have all been replaced in my rental fleet sadly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom