DSS Bungie Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just run them the way you do and tie a not in the bottom so it sits in the groove made for it. Basically like you have the one side done. I don't understand the adjustable portion. It is bungee, it should not need adjusting.

Oh, I LOVE your solution -- using the Fisherman's knot for adjustability is brilliant. If you go from cold water to warm water, you do need to adjust the bungie, and I've always just tied a knot in it, but this is elegant.

Oh, I LOVE your solution -- using the Fisherman's knot for adjustability is brilliant. If you go from cold water to warm water, you do need to adjust the bungie, and I've always just tied a knot in it, but this is elegant.

Hmm. I guess I did not think of major exposure suit changes. My mounts work for anything from my .5mm wetsuit to my drysuit with thin undergarments. I hate cold water. Ok, it makes sense now.

I am with TS&M on having some adjustability for different exposure suits. I used a single piece of cord for mine. By that I mean I make a loop on the left and then make a loop on the right all with a single strand. On the bite of cord that goes between the loops I have cord lock which I can adjust the length on the loops.

Trying to put the bungie on my DSS wrist mount. What's some good ways to do it and be adjustable. I like this way , but how do you to tie the knot. Any ideas on the knot or another good way?

Thanks

I think I like this as well but have not tried it... I use a single bungee with a figure 8 knot at the end. Easy to undo and adjust for wet or dry, at least for me but I may look into your solution to see how I like it... lee

I use a double fishermans knot, but it ends up being bulkier. Your method is much cleaner.

-Mitch

I thought I would post a picture of how mine are setup.
I'll probably change them to your way, it looks cleaner.

-Mitch dss mounts.jpg

The original post is not my way, I want to know how to set it up that way. Don't know what knot that is. I guess I'll experiment.

Back
Top Bottom