Hollis HTS 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ridingandiving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been hanging around SB now for about a year and other than an "OLD DIVERS" thread there hasn't been much I could contribute to. I began diving in February of 2011 and have 60 dives and a SSI Master diver cert. I started off with a jacket style BCD with integrated weights and just never really felt comfortable. Just didn't know it in the beginning. Knowing I am hooked for life on scuba I began purchasing my own equipment which lead me to tanks. I ended up with HP 120's and love them. (Another discussion). The HP 120's really showed me how uncomfortable I was with the jacket style BCD, so after a lot of research and discussion with some cave buddies of mine I bought the Hollis HTS 2 and the S38 wing. My first time in the water with this rig was in a 12 ft pool where I worked on my trim. The next time was 2 hours in the same pool as a safty diver with a large class a buddy was teaching. After 2 hours I was amazed at how comfortable I was. I just returned from Jamaica where I was able to get in 10 dives at depths from 30 to 110 ft this time with AL 80s. My bouyance was much more controllable. I could roll over, float inverted and pretty much do back flips and everything stayed in place. Nothing shifted. And again I was amazed how comfortable I was. I am sure there are other BP/W set ups out there that would feel the same but I bought a Hollis and love it. I can see me diving with this rig for a long time to come. It is very comfortable. Very adjustable. And the quality is top notch. Thanks Hollis. Hope I never have to review your customer service.:)

Back
Top Bottom