Thanks to ALL our Vets!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divebum Don

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
...and to all who gave their ALL for our Freedoms!!!!
Dad was 17 when he lied to "get in" the Marines to serve in the South Pacific. Hats off and flying colors today for each and every one who has helped to make this life in America great! God Bless y'all!!

A solemn reflection of those in passing, and proud grateful celebration of those still living of The Greatest Generation: The Men and Women who defeated the Great Depression, Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

I can be here now because of You . . . but most important of all --I am alive & thriving because of You.

“The first quality of a soldier is constancy to enduring fatigue and hardship. Courage is only the second. Poverty, privation and want are the school of the good soldier.” ~Napolean

“My limbs sink, my mouth is parched, my body trembles, the hair bristles on my flesh. The magic bow slips from my hand, my skin burns. I cannot stand still. My mind reels.” ~Arjuna to Lord Krishna, The Bhagavad-Gita

“Go with this man . . . ; take care to bathe his face till every trace of filth has disappeared, for it would not be fitting that he go with vision clouded by the mists of Hell.” ~Dante, Purgatorio

"I am a soldier and unapt to weep
Or exclaim on fortune's fickleness"
-Shakespeare

"The dreams of empire lure the hearts of kings --and so men die"
-Copororal G.W. Driscoll, Burma 1944.​

I second that. My parents' generation was truly The Greatest given the challenges they met and dealt with including the Depression, World War II and the post-war economic boom. They truly were a major factor in building the America we live in today. Had the pleasure of finally reading Brokaw's book last month (I had given it to my dad back in '95 I think). I just wish my generation had lived up to the promise we felt we had back in the 60s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom