Removing a handle from a dual handle tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djensen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi gang,

I'm new to the forum. I have the discontinued 9523.32 tray with dual handles & I want to remove the right handle to attach a GoPro housing to the tray beside my other housing.

But I cannot figure out how to remove the handle. Is it a proprietary attachment tool? I've tried every screwdriver and allan wrench I have without success. The bottom 'plug' will not pop out, which makes me think it must be screwed in. I could sure use some help.

Could anyone please advise me on how I can remove the right handle of this dual handle tray so I can customize my still/video unit? I'm not concerned at all with warranty issues as I'm sure the unit is well beyond any warranty date, and I will not be changing the housings - just the tray.

I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Darryl

Darryl,

The handles on a 9523.32 tray/handle system are permanently attached to the tray and not designed to be removed. You might be able to remove a handle by drilling out the 1/8" spring pin on the side of the tray.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thanks Brett. I was starting to wonder if it was a permanent attachment. I'll give this a try. Thanks again.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom